Position Title: Assistant Manager
Department: Business Development & Strategy
Reports to: General Manager, Management Services
• Manage the relationships with the company’s clients ensuring that the company is performing the duties defined by the Service level agreement and the client is meeting up to its obligations, especially regarding timely payments
• Help establish relationships with new clients with the aim of expanding our business footprint and increasing profits
• Help develop some of the company’s latent potentials into thriving businesses
• Pilot the company’s horizontal expansion plans into new markets; especially in its current foray into manufacturing
• Broker relationships with suppliers, vendors and technical partners for the smooth running of all aspects of the company’s business
• Explore all avenues for bolstering the company’s image as a responsible, international brand
• Coordinate the rebranding of the organization
• Manage the Websites and brochures of the organization
• Prepare the company for international partnerships
• Manage Relationships with the company’s lawyers
• Represent the company in mediation and reconciliation
• Anchor the damage management endeavors of the company
• Recruit and engage the team you need for your endeavours
• Reviewing and revisal of existing policies, procedures, practices and documentation patterns with the approval of the Group Managing Director
• Document existing processes to achieve group wide uniformity of outcomes
• Pursuit of all government required documentation for the company and its affiliates
• Pursuit of ISO 9002 certification for the organization and its affiliates
• Prepare the company financially for partnerships and financial collaborations
• Upgrade and implementation of best practice HSE management systems for each arm of the organization
• Forge and manage strategic alliances with technical partners, vendors and suppliers
• Define the terms of existing and newly forged relationships with technical partners, vendors and suppliers
• Understand the company’s market and channel all sales efforts to a streamlined audience
• Understand the company’s core strengths and help introduce the company to new markets
• Generating sales for the broad stream of the company’s business offerings
• Exceed minimum sales targets as shall continually be specified by management
A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in organizational growth and business strategy
Excellent knowledge of administration and structuring
Ample experience at negotiations
Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or any of the sciences
Other Qualifications and/or Certifications
A post graduate certification in finance or business. Attended courses/ trainings from accredited institutions, will be satisfatory
Advanced computer literacy: Above average knowledge and experience in the following Microsoft Office applications-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
Must have a demonstrated record of success in playing a key role in a fast growing, entrepreneurial driven organization composed of very bright, energetic and results oriented individuals.
Verified experience in working within a subsidiary company arrangement (or multi-company) and/or inter-company shared services format.
· Ability to work and communicate effectively with employees and management team to proactively meet and exceed the needs of the administrative office staff and professionals
· Business English, spelling, grammar and punctuation required to produce analytical and technical reports in appropriate format
· Knowledge of business law regarding contracts and sales agreements to prepare agreements between the Department and other agencies for loan or sale of equipment
· Public information laws regarding the dissemination of information to the public
· Crisis management techniques required to effectively manage emergency situations
· Contribute innovation to the creation of policies and procedures that facilitate best practice management applications.
· Able to coordinate several activities at once, quickly analyse and resolve specific problems, and cope with deadlines effectively.
· Monitor and facilitate office environment morale; be a senior member of the management team.
· Observes safety procedures and reports potentially unsafe conditions
· Adapt to changes in the work environment and manages competing demands
· Obtain and analyse facts and precedents in making administrative decisions
· Solve problems and make decisions
· Instruct, direct, and evaluate employees
· Team concepts (e.g., team building, leadership, participation and group problem solving techniques).
· Plan, direct, and coordinate program and administrative activities of a complex, interrelated and
· Interdependent nature, where unknowns and numerous contingency factors are involved Maintain favourable public relations
· Formulate policies and procedures based on information of a conceptual nature from varied and complex sources
· Direct and manage a professional, multi-disciplined staff
· Accurately interpret Department policies and procedures to provide and clarify information
· Ability to establish and maintain effect relationships with government officials, private industry officials, professional personnel, and others
· Knowledge of official planning and management
· Independently perform detailed administrative assignments of a difficult nature with a high degree of accuracy
· Experience in the technical aspects of writing contracts, bids and proposals required to prepare documents accurately.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of assignment
· Good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information
· Read, comprehend, and interpret complex written materials
· Speak before groups to provide information or explain policies, procedures and programs. Work within stringent deadlines to complete assignments within a restricted time period
· Knowledge of labour relations and equal employment opportunity policies and procedures
· Knowledge of the principles and techniques of administrative management including organization,
· Planning, staffing, training, budgeting, and reporting
· Knowledge of the principles and techniques of financial management
· Monitor trends, forecast change, identify future agency needs and initiate change to ensure effective long-range planning
· Negotiate contract terms and conditions to achieve desired Department goals and objectives
· Knowledge of training and supervisory techniques
· Knowledge of employee policies and procedures
· Knowledge of the principles of office management including organization, work flow, forms, supplies, equipment, and procedures relating to filing, record keeping, correspondence, mail, procurement, stock keeping, and duplicating.
· Knowledge of methods of research and analysis, work standards, and work simplification.
Frequent sitting, using hands/fingers, handling, reaching with hands and arms, talking, hearing, and seeing (up close, at a distance, along the periphery, with depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus); occasional walking or standing; occasional lifting of up to 10kg
Must not be allergic to dust and noise pollutions.
Interested candidate should send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org