Our Client a subscription-based digital library
that gives you access to thousands of books, magazines & comics. We are
currently looking for an experienced Head of Content Acquisition and Strategy
to head our Content Acquisition Team. The role will maintain and drive
organization's relationships with key content partners (authors, publishers and
other partners), help drive local and international expansion, and will be responsible
for developing and executing content strategy, securing new content and
additional rights, and performing competitive monitoring for content.
The ideal candidate will have experience negotiating complex agreements,
developing new business models, and delivering results in a dynamic, fast-paced
• Identify content opportunities and assist in defining an overall content acquisition strategy for content in Nigeria and across the sub-Saharan region.
• Manage all new and existing partners, and manage ongoing engagement.
• Acquire, retain and engage authors, publishers, and media partners.
• Develop and document acquisition plans, financial metrics and goals for senior management.
• Perform business analysis of potential content partnerships and negotiate agreements accordingly.
• Establish collaborative cross-functional relationships with the Products and Content Operations teams to help execute partnership requirements and deliver on business objectives
• Manage and grow subordinate teams in development of quality in-house content.
• Review content catalogs from major publishers and authors, and other content creators to help select and secure key titles that will help deliver against aggressive business metrics.
• Lead all aspects of content licensing negotiations, including content selection, financial analysis, forecasting, and technical requirements
• Maintain content database.
• Liaise with Content Operations team to ensure that all content placements are published by/within specified times on the portal.
• Conduct in-depth reporting to effectively analyze partner performance, identify potential opportunities and provide key requirements to technical teams to establish relevant partner tracking mechanisms.
• Lead compilation and prioritization of developer feedback and feature requests for platform product road map.
• Prepare weekly reports and presentations as needed focused on key business intelligence, market analysis, competitive analysis, industry trends and insights as well as tracking KPIs.
• Advanced University degree in Commercial Law, Communications Arts, or other relevant disciplines, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Content Acquisition in the Literary/Media/Publishing/Telecommunications industry (Essential).
• Previous experience leading or managing teams (Essential).
• Previous experience working in Publishing houses or other related digital content acquisition (Desirable).
• Previous experience working in e-commerce / technology driven companies (Desirable).
• Previous experience in Sales / Business Development (Desirable).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proven ability to negotiate complex license or business development agreements in high pressure environments.
• Strong financial and quantitative analysis experience.
• An avid consumer of literary content across traditional, digital and social media with a passion for virtual reality and storytelling.
• Possesses an existing network of literary content creators and developers or proven ability to navigate content and developer ecosystem.
• Strong negotiation skills with a track record of excellence in a similar role.
• Critical thinker with attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple priorities.
• Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills including the ability to cultivate internal and external relationships.
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
• Clear upward communication and management skills. Results oriented individual.
• Ability to think, plan and execute resourcefully, across multiple tasks, with minimal supervision and change direction frequently with excellent project and time management skills.
• Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Interested and Qualified candidates should please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org