Our client, a reputable Energy company based in Abuja is in need of a Head of Unit Enterprise Risk Management.
§ Establishment of a formal risk management framework for the company.
§ Oversee the overall management of the unit, develop the unit’s budget, develop the department scorecard and cascade to individual KPI’s for all staff in the team.
§ Ensure that adequate policies and controls are in place to manage the adverse effects of both business and control risks in the company’s operations.
§ Evaluate along with the Head of Corporate Strategy Planning and Compliance (CSPC), the adequacy of the company’s risk management system and control environment.
§ Review the processes for accessing and improving controls for the management of risk in the company.
§ Ensure the company’s information security policies, business continuity, management and disaster recovery plans are comprehensive and adequate.
§ Monitor compliance with established policies through periodic through periodic review of reports provided by management, statutory auditors and the supervisory authorities.
§ Review reports on the company’s risk profile, the action plans in place to manage key risks, and monitor progress against plan to achieve this actions.
§ Review and obtain approval for the company’s risk management policy including risk appetite and risk strategy.
§ Oversee management’s process for the identification of significant risks across the company and the adequacy of prevention, detection and reporting mechanisms.
§ Review the company’s compliance level with applicable laws and regulatory requirements that may impact the company’s risk profile.
§ Periodically review changes in the economic and business environment, including emerging trends and other factors relevant to the company’s risk profile.
§ Perform other duties and functions as assigned by the Executive Management.
§ Report to the Group Head, Corporate Strategy, Planning and Compliance.
Bachelor’s degree required: advanced degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounting or a related field. A master’s degree or MBA will be an added advantage.
Specific Skills/Experience required for Role
· Minimum of five years leadership experience in risk management or a related field
· Comprehensive working knowledge risk assessment and management
· Demonstrated experience managing a high-performing team in a multi-tiered structure to include professional development and mentorship.
· Impressive record of strategy, development and execution.
· Good planning and organizational skills
· Excellent presentation and reporting skills
· Good mathematical and analytical skills as well as financial modeling
· Proficiency in the use of computer application (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
Qualified and Interested Candidate should send CV to stating role they are applying for as subject of the mail.