- The role of the HR Manager is to direct and oversee the company’s HR operations in ways that support its mission and overall strategy; Coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards and maintaining staff by directing, orienting, and training employees and maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment. This position has high accountability and reports directly to the CEO.
- We want candidates who can prove they are leaders and strategic thinkers, effective people managers and problem-solvers. If you are all these, and you have a solid HR background, we want to talk to you. The goal is to promote the role of strategic HR and ensure the long-term success of both HR and the organization as a whole. To this end the following competencies are essential for successful delivery:
- Proven experience as a senior HR executive.
- Experience in strategic implementation and planning.
- Deep knowledge of HR functions (Talent Management, recruitment etc)
- Deep understanding of manpower planning.
- Working experience of Statutory and other legal requirements
- Ability to use metrics and analytics
- Heavy KPI driven individual
- Hands on the individual.
- Well-organized with excellent leadership qualities
- Mature and highly professional
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Strategic: Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Performance Management–deliver performance management programs that drive a high-performance culture.
- Recruitment and Selection–direct and manage the recruitment and selection process, and train line managers in interviewing and assessment procedures. Define onboarding procedures in alignment with our company culture.
Learning and Development–
- implement and monitor the effectiveness of training programs. Determine training plans per employee and department.
- Human Resources Policies–develop, implement and maintain human resources policies across the organisation, including training programs to educate and promote awareness of regulatory compliance.
- Reporting and Management of Human Resources Metrics–produce reports on key metrics, including recruitment, remuneration and benefits, absenteeism and turnover.
- Leadership –mentor direct reports and provide coaching to help them reach their potential.
- Legal -ensure all HR operations adhere to legal standards.
- Compensation and Reward-design employees’ compensation and benefits packages.OrganizationalDesign and Development –maintain, review and design structure and policies that promote and sustain the organization’s growth and the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Support staff and managers on day-to-day issues
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Ensure accurately and up to date documentation and records
- Maintenance and effective administration of employee welfare programs, such as pension and HMOCoordinate and monitor the efficiency of and adherence to HR processes, such as onboarding, confirmation, disciplinary, attendance.etc
- Oversee the management of HR communication
- Promote the cultural tenets of the organization and develop Culture initiatives to boost the cultural climate
- Incorporate culture metrics into performance monitoring
- Understand and mitigate key elements of risk to change.
- Monitor all open legal, operational and human factor issues involving the company, and affecting the industry.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Ensure the buy-in of all members
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, strategies, and the assumptions underlying change management.
- Conduct periodic Re-Orientation Sessions
- Employee Welfare and Culture Climate Monitoring.
- Maintain existing and cultivate new partner relationships.
- Act as a worthy representative or ambassador for The Company.
Education and Qualifications Requirements
- Tertiary Degree in a related field, a Masters Degree relevant to the role is desirable.
- Proven HR experience in a leadership capacity.
- 8+ years in progressively responsible leadership roles, preferably in a large or consulting/advisory organization.
- An individual with international experience will be an added advantage.