We are a fast-growing interior design firm based in Lagos with an established image of top-class designs created and implemented for high profile clients across the country. We’re seeking the services of an experienced Interior Architect to join our team of architectural designers. The Candidate is to report to the Senior Architect in executing all tasks. Candidate need to have demonstrated capacity for creativity, excellent technical ability/knowledge, and strong communication & time management skills. Must be available for overtime or off hours as needed, regular working hours are 8:30a.m. to 5: 30p.m on work days.
· Listen to the wants and needs of client and make building suggestions.
- Produce detailed workings, drawings and specifications.
- Obtain sign-off from the Senior Architect on all drawings
- Design and build interiors for safety, functionality and aesthetics.
· Draft plans to create or refinish spaces in private homes or commercial buildings with clients' tastes in mind.
· Interact with different clients, additional architects or designers, construction teams and inspectors.
· Take into account interior construction, lighting and furnishings.
· Drafts design plans which may include placement of walls, windows, doors, plumbing, electrical systems, ventilation, structural accents and possibly furnishings.
· Use computer drafting programs, such as computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) and building information modeling (BIM)
- Participate equitably in the development and implementation of the Division/project goals and objectives.
- Manage document control - (Each document will have the name of the project, description, version)
- Ensure all designs have full specification of materials, quantity, size, and colour in order for procurement to budget properly
- Prepare and present feasibility reports and design proposals to the client;
- Advise the client on the practicality of their project;
- Use IT in design and project management, specifically using computer-aided design software;
- Keep within financial budgets and deadlines;
- Specifying the nature and quality of materials required;
- Prepare tender applications and presentations;
- Negotiate with contractors and other professionals;
- Prepare applications for planning and building control departments;
- Draw up tender documents for contracts;
- Project managing and helping to coordinate the work of contractors;
- Regular site visits to check on progress, ensuring that the project is running on time and to budget;
- Resolve problems and issues that arise during construction;
- Ensure that the environmental impact of the project is managed.
· B.Arch and M.Arch degree from a reputable University.
· Excellent knowledge of sketch up, Revit, 3d max software
· Understands the durability and strength of building materials.
· Skilled in the use of light, color and textures in a space.
· Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
· Knowledge of the office structure in a client/consultant business environment.
· Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities, and see projects through to completion.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Experience in vendor relations & Contactor management
· Attention to detail.
Interested candidates should send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.