Our client, a reputable Energy company based in Abuja is in need of an Internal Control Officer.
§ Conduct personally or with a team, ongoing reviews of all operating procedures, company controls and compliance measures to determine any potential hazards or breaches of conduct.
§ Staff should have the ability and necessary skills for creating a yearly internal review plan with Senior Management, supervising financial audits, assessing the adequacy of assets safeguards, and monitoring proprietary systems or applications to prevent unauthorized access.
§ Report all findings to management with recommendations for process improvement and upon their approval, implement strategies to induce such change.
§ Ensure that adequate policies and controls are in place to manage adverse effects of both business and control risks in the Company’s operation.
§ Additional duties may include outlining the organization’s code of ethics, training staff on best practices, serving as a liaison to external agencies and staying current on relevant regulatory framework, like COSO, IFRS etc.
§ Review the processes for assessing and improving controls for the management of risk in the company.
§ Ensure the Company’s information security policies, business continuity management and disaster recovery plans are comprehensive and adequate.
§ Perform other duties and functions as assigned by the Executive Management.
Bachelor’s degree required: advanced degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounting or a related field. A master’s degree or MBA will be an added advantage. Professional certifications like ACA/ACCA or CISA will be an added advantage.
Specific Skills/Experience required for Role
· Minimum of five years leadership experience in internal control management or related field.
· Comprehensive working knowledge risk assessment and management
· Demonstrated experience managing a high-performing team in a multi-tiered structure to include professional development and mentorship.
· Impressive record of strategy, development and execution.
· Good planning and organizational skills
· Excellent presentation and reporting skills
· Good mathematical and analytical skills as well as financial modeling
· Proficiency in the use of computer application (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
Qualified and Interested Candidate should send CV to stating role they are applying for as subject of the mail.