Summary of Functions:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reviews, revises and initiates policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance scheme and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Monitors the day-to-day operation of the scheme.
• Collaborates with other departments (e.g., Finance, QHSE & Government Relations) to ensure compliance to applicable statutory laws & regulatory requirements.
• Under the supervision of the Director, O&HPM, deals with personnel legal issues and consults with the external attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
• Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Assists with overseeing the system for uniform handling of such violations.
• Deputizes as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
• Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain and stay abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
• Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
• Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Director, O&HPM informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
• Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting (a) heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct, and (b) understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
• Monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
• Reviewing and or drafting contractual agreements with employees, contractors, consultants, vendors and customers
• Dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders.
• A university degree in legal is preferred.
• Professional certification is an added advantage
• Good people management and relationship skills
• Good presentation skills, team spirit and project management skills
• Good organizational and administrative skills
• Good reasoning skills and multi-tasking skills
• Familiarity with statutory laws and regulations is required
• Good communication skills (written/verbal)
• Good problem-solving skills
• Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information
• Understanding of business practices and corporate governance
• Possess diplomacy, meticulous, intuitive and attentive to detail
• Proficiency in applicable Microsoft Office Tools
• Good interpersonal and team-working skills
TO APPLY, COPY AND CLICK THE LINK BELOW:
This job originally appeared elsewhere......