- As Operations Manager you will be responsible for leading, managing and developing the Managed Services team and suite of solution offerings. The team will be responsible for providing pro - active first fix and post sales support to our Managed Service Customers.
- The ideal candidate will have previous operations management experience, a natural talent for getting the best out of teams and a sound understanding of the technologies we support Computer Hardware and Operating systems, Cloud technology, Network & systems security, Enterprise networking including IP VPN and MPLS.
Other responsibilities include:
- Design and deliver integrated solutions for Managed Service customers in line with ITIL and/or industry best practice.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the team against SLA/KPIâ€Ÿs, driving through change as needed to deliver continual service improvement.
- Ensure operational procedures and practices are well defined , documented and consistently applied.
- Instil a high performance culture in the team with a focus on team work, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues.
- Be capable of identifying and implementing change within the team to ensure it can take on new service offerings.
- Contribute proactively to new service development.
- Work closely with the Technical Sales to ensure new customers are on boarded with seamless handover / transition.
- Ensure remote teams are skilled, trained and developed to enable them to deliver high quality service and support.
- Manage and develop strategic partnerships with third party suppliers and other internal stakeholders.
- Achieve consistent customer satisfaction ratings and respond appropriately to customer feedback on areas for improvement.
- Drive a continual service improvement program based on a desire to become a world class managed service provider.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of competitive Managed services offerings in Nigeria and globally develop propositions to sell and further develop the MainOne brand.
- You will be required to liaise on a day-to-day basis with customers, the Technical Team; GNOC, Service Delivery, Technical Sales, Cloud team, Security team, IP Team, Project Management, and various other groups / departments.
- Strong Knowledge of Managed Services, Managed Security, and Cloud as a service delivery model.
- Good Knowledge of IT and concepts such as virtualization.
- Have excellent communication, influencing and customer management skills.
- Have solid technical understanding of Networking, security and Hosting Technologies and solutions.
- Analytical thinking to engage customers considering different business and operational models.
- Relationship Management.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Familiar with Cloud Models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) , Also familiar with Connectivity, voice, video, security and general Network solution offerings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technical (Engineering or Sciences) discipline.
- Minimum 7-10years experience working with managing various services.
- Minimum of 5 years in supervisory/management position.
- ITIL, CCNA , CCNP , MCP
- Demands on the job: Ability and willingness to work long hours, take responsibility for delivery and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Frequent Travel may be required.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.......