Job Title: Managing Director
Job Family: General Management
Job Grade: Managing Director
▪ The Position Holder is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the company by collaborating with the Board of Directors, and the Executive Management Committee of the Holding Company to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
▪ Managing Corporate Performance: Responsible for managing corporate-level performance of the organization's Holding Company, and that of its portfolio businesses, on key parameters such as corporate profitability, AUM size, e.t.c.
▪ Stakeholder Engagement: Responsible for the proactive, and continuous engagement of relevant internal and external Stakeholders (Board, Regulatory Bodies, Management Team, Local Community e.t.c.) concerned, or affected by the organization’s activities, products or services, and associated performance, with the end purpose of eliciting their support and cooperation for the organization’s desired goals.
▪ Risk Management: Collaborate with the Board of Directors to fully understand and assess the organization’s risk environment, especially in respect to its complexity, and systemic implications for the firm’s business, drive the implementation of best-fit enterprise-wide risk management practices, and assesses the performance of deployed risk management measures.
▪ Business Strategy: Collaborate with the Board of Directors to craft the organization’s long-term strategy in line with environmental imperatives, drive the communication and cascade of the defined strategy for the business strategy across both the group’s portfolio businesses, and shared services departments, and provide leadership on the strategy’s implementation.
▪ General Management: Provides strategic oversight over the day-to-day operations of the entirety of the organization.
▪ Strategic Initiatives: Responsible for driving the implementation of strategic initiatives that sustain / improve the organization’s competitive advantage within its operating environment.
▪ Drive Long-term Shareholder Value: Drive the optimization of shareholder value over the long term, whilst balancing the competing needs of the organization’s various stakeholders, and multiple perspectives (i.e. financial, customer service, process, and innovation).
▪ People Management: Responsible for driving and sustaining strategic people management practices that support the organization’s ability to achieve its corporate objectives through optimal talent resourcing, employee engagement, talent management, and people development.
▪ Analytical Thinking
▪ Customer Service Orientation
▪ Holding People Accountable
▪ Intercultural Competence
▪ Leading and Developing Others
▪ Professional Confidence
▪ Relationship Building for Influence
▪ Team Working
▪ Working Strategically
▪ Communicating Effectively
▪ Driving Performance
▪ Change Management
▪ Negotiation and decision-making
▪ Competitive Analysis
▪ Process Management
▪ Macroeconomic Analysis
▪ Market and Regulatory Environment
▪ Business Acumen
▪ Corporate Performance Management
▪ Project Management
Functionally reports to: Board of Directors, Investment Managers
Administratively reports to: Chief Executive Officer, Holding Group
Supervises: Head, Investment Management
Head, Business Development
Interested candidate should please send CV to , using the job title as title of the mail.