Emval Nigeria Limited seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
This role is to manage, schedule and safely execute all technical operations to ensure the continued increase of oil production at client sites and to maintain the company’s core business and future growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee day to day running of the company’s technical operations.
- Develop and monitor operating expenditure budget for operational departments ensuring corrective action is carried out as required.
- Ensure adequate fund is available for proper running of operations.
- Liaise with clients to ascertain their expectations of the company.
- Assist HODs to ensure all equipment that require pre-mob are done when necessary.
- Coordinate Superintendents wireline, wellhead, completion, hot oil, engineering, well optimization, maintenance etc. with job briefs and deliverables and ensure materials, tools and personnel are standby for real time job mobilization.
- Develop strategy to align operational base performance to company's target and ensure results meet target within agreed budget.
- Act as the focal point of liaison between corporate office and the field to ensure all operational requirements are met and carried out safely, promptly and economically.
- Ensure that all field operations are carried out judiciously to facilitate optimization of clients’ assets.
- Liaise with field management to ensure the work program is carried out on schedule.
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure all work is carried out safely adhering to best international oilfield practices.
- Ability to Call and managed unplanned jobs.
- Ensure that Field Operations are carried out safely in compliance with the Company Policies and Procedures.
- Proper documentation of Reports after each successive job execution and ensure operational record are available to management promptly.
- Call a Time Out for Safety (TOFS) once hazard is identified I
- Carry out duties in a safe manner in accordance to company policies and procedures I
- Store all equipment in a safe manner to avoid hazards in subsequent operations I
- Maintain a safe area for assigned tasks I
- Participate in weekly safety meetings, pre tour, and pre task meeting as required I
- Participate in emergency drills, respond to emergency situations, and operate emergency equipment per designated duties
- Participate fully in annual performance appraisal process I
- Meet training requirements as per applicable matrix as communicated by management II
- Minimum of BSc. in any discipline
- 10-15 years’ experience in wellhead/wireline operations.
- Must have PTW, HSE, FIRST AID, IWCF, HUET, BOOSET, Gas Tester certification
- Minimum of 10 years in Oil and Gas Services industry with
- Minimum of 3 years in Operations management
- Expertise knowledge in one or more of the following: Slickline, WH maintenance, Completion Pumping and TCP.
Key Competencies required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and pragmatic ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to work under pressure, problem solve and proffer solutions
- Extensive experience of upstream operations / production engineering
- Significant experience in supervising a multidisciplinary & multi-cultural/tribal workforce
- Ability to work quickly, think ahead to the next procedure and respond appropriately in emergency situations.
- Good understanding of oilfield procedures and practices.
- Experience of oil & gas processing to include Gas and oil separation, dewatering and fiscal metering.
- Ability to work with operations personnel to resolve problems.
- Demonstrated teaming and mentoring skills to create an environment that helps to develop employees.
Key role in negotiations and relationships with key vendors.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.........