Vacancy: Product Designer (Interiors)
We are a fast-growing interior design firm based in Lagos with an established image of top-class designs created and implemented for high profile clients across the country. We’re seeking an experienced Product Designer with industry proven skills in design, concept development and implementation.
• meeting with clients to establish the design brief, including the concept, performance and production criteria
• working on ideas as part of a team or developing design concepts using CAD (computer-aided design)
• taking part in specialist or multidisciplinary team meetings
• sketching initial design ideas
• identifying the suitability and availability of materials
• producing detailed, final hand drawings and specifications or, more likely, using dedicated computer software (CAD) to produce design specifications, including parts lists and costings
• making samples or working models by hand or using computerised prototyping equipment
• testing the design concept by computerised modelling or physical hands-on testing of models • researching materials, processes or market requirements
• arranging meetings and liaising with engineers and other departments, including marketing, to discuss and negotiate appropriate production processes, costs and commercial issues
• occasionally travelling to clients' production facilities and evaluating the feasibility of production
• making presentations to senior design management or clients, either when bidding for a contract or to present design proposals.
• consulting managers and clients about design requirements
• negotiating and agreeing contracts, budgets and time-scales
• clarifying and solving design issues
• investigating appropriate materials and production processes
• testing product designs using models, prototypes, specialist computer software and computer-aided design (CAD) technology
• maintaining an awareness of current design trends and influences
• liaising with sales, marketing and production departments
• correcting product faults
• presenting designs, samples and final work to customers for evaluation
• be creative with an eye for shape and colour
• understand technology, production methods and materials (such as textiles, metals and plastics)
• understand different materials and production methods
• have technical, practical and scientific knowledge and ability
• be interested in the way people choose and use products
• able to work within budgets and to time
• able to make presentations to potential clients in order to win new contracts.
• 5 years+ experience in similar role with an interior design firm
• A degree in Product Design (not compulsory).
Interested and Qualified candidates should please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, using job title as subject of the mail.