DEPARTMENT: Project Management Office (PMO)
REPORTS TO: HOD
The Project Controller is responsible for project cost control services including but not limited to those of cost estimating, budget control, cost forecasting, cost reporting and cost risk analysis
Understand the corporate and project(s) specific cost procedures and carry out all work in accordance with these.
Study and understand all relevant project documents relating to cost management.
Work with all relevant project personnel to ensure that cost control procedures are in place.
Assist is setting up project(s) with Computerised Cost System upon agreed format.
Assisting the project manager(s) in identifying and gaining approval of estimates/change requests.
Reviewing cost commitment and expenditure information for all cost elements, for input to the computerised cost control and reporting system on a consistent basis and ensuring that all information received is accurate and correctly inputed.
Producing regular cost reports and advising management of any forecast cost overruns as soon as possible to allow corrective actions to be taken in a timely manner.
Highlighting cost areas of concern and suggesting areas of improvement.
Maintaining comprehensive accessible registers of financial approvals, variations and change orders.
Liaising with the finance department with regards to establishing monthly evaluation of work done, goods received and services rendered for invoice preparation and verification.
Development and reviw of financial models and ensuring that all cost related work are in compliance with procurement contract(s)
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The Project Controller should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
• Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
• Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
• Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
• Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
• Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
• Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
• Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
• Responsiblility: Willingness to take on ownership and accountability.
• 4 to 7 years project cost control and 2-5 years’ experience in EPC or EPCM projects.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Strong management, communication and interpersonal skills.
2. Self-directed, highly-motivated and exceptionally well organized with an aptitude for data
3. Able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment and have ability to generate budgets, financial models and relevant reports
4. Detail-oriented, dependable and trustworthy.
5. Fluent in written and spoken English language.
6. High computer literacy and good working knowledge of relevant cost software.
7. Engineering or other relevant degree from an accredited institution would be considered an advantage.
Interested candidates should please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the role applying for