ASSIGNED PROJECT:Gas Fired Power Plant (GFPP) Project
REPORTS TO: Project Manager/ HOD
The Project Engineer is responsible for managing the day to day planning and engineering initiatives for the Gas Fired Power Plant (GFPP) Project.
The majority of this project will be focused on continuous development. The tasks include: identifying problems or opportunities that support the GFPP project and the operations. Manage the process of developing feasible solutions that solves the problem or allows for utilizing opportunities. Utilizing various engineering disciplines, manage the engineering process for selected solution design reviews at various engineering stages etc.
1. Develop and execute the GFPP project with the project manager and multiple project engineers including engineering, procurement, EPCM, owner’s team, and external construction management consultants.
2. Ensure accurate and timely reporting standards are maintained throughout the project(s).
3. Coordinate with project manager on status, significant trends and changes of GFPP project.
4. Conduct reviews of detailed design drawing and specifications.
5. Prepare and submit reports on the progress and status of the GFPP project
6. Monitor and control project according to the project plan and report actual project work and variance to Project Manager or Executive Management on a regular basis (weekly/monthly/quarterly/anually)
7. Document lessons learned, close out on all project activitives and update organizational process assets for any future reference
8. Perform other project engineering and project related duties.
The Project Engineer should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
1. Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
2. Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
3. Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
4. Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
5. Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization and have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
6. Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
7. Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
8. Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
9. Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
10. Responsiblility: Willingness to take on project ownership and accountability.
4 to 7 years of any engineering experience (i.e. Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Process Engineering etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
a. Knowledge of the power sector
b. Capable of reading drawings and schematics
c. Proven people management experience i.e. managing a team or project resources through effective implementation of projects as required.
d. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
e. Excellent interpersonal skills.
f. Significant and innovative problem solving skills.
g. Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
h. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
i. Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
i. PMP / PRINCE II certification
ii. Proven track record of achievement in continuous improvement.
iii. Undergone project management training
iv. Proficient in project management software
Interested Candidates should send CVs to email@example.com, stating the role as subject of email