The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of a specific short-term project which has a beginning, an end, and specified deliverables.
This position requires great responsibility and proper time management because the job entails constant monitoring and control of all project variables.
1. Oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of projects to ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
2. Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
3. Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, and develop detailed project plans to track progress.
4. Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs
5. Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques
6. Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
7. Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
8. Responsible for project reporting, communication and rendering project support to other project managers, project administrators, project team members, and other stakeholders, where necessary.
9. Managing the day-to-day operational aspects of the project.
10. Use of most current and approved project management templates for preparing standard documents.
11. Any other directive given by the Executive Management.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The Project Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
• Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
• Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
• Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
• Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
• Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
• Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
• Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
• Responsiblility: Willingness to take on ownership and accountability.
• 4 to 7 years project management experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Assigned project and tasks are fully implemented and documented
2. Full knowledge of assigned projects
3. Project reporting and communication
4. Ability to train and transfer knowledge to other staff for succession purposes
Interested Candidates should please send CVs to email@example.com, stating job role as subject of email