The RBDM is responsible for the day-to-day running of the store. The main responsibility of the RBDM is to maximize profits while minimizing costs. S/he ensures promotions are run accurately and to the company's standards and to make sure that staff are all working towards the target for the day and that excellent customer service and care standards are put in place and are met at all times.
• Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
• Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories.
• Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• ensures goods are purchased at the most competitive prices and sold at the most competitive prices.
• initiate and supervise stock an inventory management and reports
• Develops new profitable Business strategies for the organisation.
• Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
• Establishes on-line merchandising platforms and maintain such to increase profitability.
• Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
• Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
• Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
• Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
• Establishes new outlets for the business in a bid to maximize profitability.
• Maintains monthly reports Administrative and financial reports with the assistance of the Accounts Department.
All other responsibilities as may arise in the day to day running of the business or of which the MD/CEO shall deem necessary to carry out.