- Senior Manager, Sourcing leads the sourcing function at the Opco and would oversee the operations of sourcing.
- The sourcing process covers processes related to development and management of sourcing standards, end to end vendor evaluation & selection (from RFI to RFP) and management of sourcing agreements.
- These processes would involve interactions with the MTN Shared Services and Centers of Excellence (CoE).
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing the Division’s Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Asset Optimization efforts.
- Serve MTNN’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service. Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value.
- Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Escalate appropriately to key stakeholders to resolve dead-locks in the contracting lifecycle Lead creation of sub-divisional strategy in line with overarching divisional goals, with emphasis on client experience (internal and external)
- Ensure effective implementation of sub-divisional strategy by means of providing direction, structure, business plans and support
- Definition of local category strategies inclusive of local supplier performance management framework
- Provide inputs on definition of global category and supplier performance management strategies to SCM CoE Align operational targets with Opco strategy
- Establish a functional operational plan which will enable progressive engagement with CoE, Group Sourcing Drive best practice, continuous improvement and innovation at process and procedure level within the commercial and technical sourcing portfolio and liaise with SCM CoE for the incorporation of these into the Global Template Bring commodity based sourcing expertise to commercial –provide input on requirement specifications, demand management, cost, performance, market risk, market availability, quality and reliability of product/ service Construct, implement and fine-tune methods, processes and systems to enhance effectiveness and meet organisational goals
- Provide input into the forecasting, planning, development and review of the budget for the commercial and technology sourcing unit
- Develop Knowledge Management frameworks and ensure knowledge is retained in the team
- Review and approve sourcing Master Data Review and approve the issuing of RFI/RFP/RFQ/Auction
- Review and approve Category needs and spend analysis
- Review & approve Business Case for sourcing spend
- Submit Business Case on sourcing spend to decision body for approval
- Analyze reasons for variance in RFP/RFQ & provide endorsement
- Report on procurement savings achieved in line with KPIs
- Approve local supplier performance management framework
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Coach and train the procurement team to ensure the understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of the set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- A first Degree in a related discipline/Master's advantageous Professional qualification or certification in Purchasing and Supply management. Minimum of 10 years working experience comprising: Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous.
- Experience in managing the procurement function of a reputable organisation.
- Experience in contract administration and contract writing ·
- Working experience in Oracle Training: Best practices in Procurement administration. Proficiency in using Procurement applications/software. CIPS(Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) CSCP(Certified Supply Chain Professional) Basic Accounting principles
- BEd, BEng, BSc, BA, HND or LLB.
This job originally appeared elsewhere........