Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the role
- The Product Manager is an expert practitioner in Product Management that the rest of our organization looks up to for thought leadership in product management.
- This individual knows what makes a product loved by its users. They consistently exceed the standards of everyone around them, but you rarely exceed their own standards.
- They love products. They lead with curiosity about their users’ needs. They always seek to improve the lives of your users based on information they gather from them.
- The Product Manager is seeking to build global technology leaders through building transformative products that allow for seamless yet meaningful interactions between humans and machines.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Own and manage the product roadmaps for apprenticeship products
- Transfer product management expertise to a growing group of apprentices
- Actively contribute to the product manager curriculum
Qualifications and Characteristics:
You’re a good fit for this role if you:
- worked as a product leader in a variety of environments including software development.
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years experience working on Technology Products
- (with and without a team) have built products that meet the needs of your users using the latest practices and tools.
- desire to build transformative products that create opportunities for humans and machines to interact in ways that we have never seen before for the advancement of humanity.
- you want to change the world for the better. You believe that you are better at doing this when your work is also an investment in others. You have strong beliefs about what “better” really looks like. You’re dedicated to making your work a manifestation of all these beliefs
- You find that people who magnify your ability to change the world are rare, but you seek them out and when you find them, you start to realize just how much you really can do together, just how long the road, and how hard the work.
- You want to reshape the world’s expectation of what a Technology Leader looks like and where they come from. You know that a company is more than the sum of its people, it’s the manifestation of their collective dreams and abilities. You want to work with people like you in spirit and diverse in experience
EPIC Values Alignment
Excellence: You know what makes a product loved by its users. You consistently exceed the standards of everyone around you, but you rarely exceed your own standards.
Passion: You love products. You lead with curiosity about your users’ needs. You always seek to improve the lives of your users based on information you gather from them.
Integrity: You not only hold yourself to a higher standard than all those around you, but you inspire others to respect that standard and question their own level of ethical consciousness.
Collaboration: You speak with passion and detail, you listen with focus and empathy, you refuse to let politics or emotions get in the way of productivity. You have a knack for enabling others to see the value in being part of something bigger.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
TO APPLY, PLEASE COPY AND CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://boards.greenhouse.io/andela/jobs/939415#app
This job originally appeared elsewhere........